IVF ACUPUNCTURE Gold Coast
BEST IVF ACUPUNCTURE SUPPORT FOR GOLD COAST CLIENTS
Deciding to pursue IVF is not a step that anyone can take lightly. It is a demanding, stressful and expensive process.
At The Cycle of Life we specialise in the support that both partners need, to get through this stressful time. We work closely with all of the IVF Doctors on the Gold Coast and we have a very comprehensive understanding of the different IVF processes and procedures.
IVF ACUPUNCTURE BENEFITS
In this session, a personalised consultation is followed by a treatment. This is where we look over your health history and balance and prepare the body for the upcoming cycle. At this stage we want to assist with blood flow and energy to the ovaries.
Between Trigger and Egg Collection
This is a small window of time where the ovaries are triggered to mimic ovulation and prepare for pickup. When the trigger injection is given it physically changes the eggs and they become vascular.
Post Egg Collection
This treatment will take place just after egg collection. Directing energy to the abdomen may assist with the healing process and to ensure that everything is as ready as possible for the transfer of the embryo.
Pre and Post Embryo Transfer
This treatment occurs before and directly after the transfer of the embryo back into the uterus. This session may assist in relaxing the patient and to encourage the embryo to implant.
The final treatment is done 4 – 8 days after IVF transfer, around the time that an embryo would naturally implant in the uterus. This treatment encourages the uterus to be lush with blood and to be as thick as possible,
BOOK YOUR IVF SESSION
Preperation before sample
At the clinic we recommend acupuncture treatments in the two weeks leading up to the time the sample is needed for the IVF cycle. This is to improve the vitality of the cells and therefore the sample.
Book an appointment, get in touch. We are more than happy to chat with any couples who would like to know more about how we may assist. 07 5689 1777
We continually work with all of the IVF clinics on the Gold Coast.
- Balk J et al, The relationship between perceived stress, acupuncture, and pregnancy rates among IVF patients: A pilot study. Complement Ther Clin Practice. 2010 Aug;16(3):154-7).
- Ming H et al, 2009 Electroacupuncture reduces uterine artery blood flow impedance in infertile women. Taiwan, Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2009; 48: 148-51
- Magarelli, PC, D Cridennda, M Cohen. Changes in serum cortisol and prolactin associated with acupuncture during controlled ovarian hyperstimulation in women undergoing in vitro fertilization–embryo transfer treatment. Fertil Steril. 2009 Dec;92(6):1870-9 Fertility and Sterility
- Stener-Victorin E, et al, Reduction of blood flow impedance in the uterine arteries of infertile women with electro-acupuncture, Hum Reprod 1996; 11:1314-1317.
- Balakier H, Stronell RD. Colour doppler assessment of folliculogenesis in in vitro fertilisation patients. Fertility Steril 1994; 62: 1211-6
- Grant LE, Cochrane S. Acupuncture for the mental and emotional health of women undergoing IVF treatment: A comprehensive review. Aust J Acupunct Chin Med. 2014;9(1): 5-12.
- Shuai Z, et al. Effect of transcutaneous electrical acupuncture point stimulation on endometrial receptivity in women undergoing frozen-thawed embryo transfer: a single-blind prospective randomised controlled trial. Acupuncture in Medicine 2014;0:1–7. doi:10.113. Acupuncture in Medicine, BMJ
- Manheimer E, Zhang G, Udoff L, Haramati L, Langenberg P, Berman BM, Boulter LM. Effects of acupuncture on rates of pregnancy and live births among women undergoing in vitro fertilization: Systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ. 2008;336(7643): 545-49.
- Cheong YC et al, Acupuncture and assisted conception. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008;(4):CD006920
- Siterman S et al, Does Acupuncture treatment affect sperm density in males with very low sperm count? A Pilot Study. Androlog. 2000;32 (1)31-39
- Pei J et al, Quantitative evaluation of spermatozoa ultrastructure after acupuncture treatments for idiopathic male infertility. Fertility and Sterility, 2005;84(1);141-7
- Zhang M e et al, Influence of acupuncture on idiopathic male infertility in assisted reproductive technology. Journal of Huanzhong University 2002;22(3);228-30
- Siterman S et al, Effects of acupuncture on sperm parameters of males suffering from subfertility related to low sperm quality. Androl 1997;39(2);155-61
- Diertele et al, A prospective randomized placebo-controlled study of the effect of acupuncture in infertile patients with severe oligoasthenozoospermia. Fertil Steril 2009;92(4) 1340-3